One of the things which IREF model well is their eagerness to meet both physical and spiritual need in Jesus’ Name.
They have already hosted a number of Gospel meetings leading to 51 baptisms so far. Our members are part of the medical team providing free healthcare clinics.
IREF is an indigenous mission, run by Indians- for Indians, and cares for thousands of children from the poorest of backgrounds.
Their mission statement is as follows:
The India Rural Evangelical Fellowship is an indigenous Indian mission dedicated to:
- Reaching the rural population of Andhra Pradesh, South India, with the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Mobilising and equipping national workers to carry out evangelism and so fulfill the Great Commission
- Planting local churches and enabling them to develop
- Caring for orphans, providing them with a good academic and spiritual Christian education
- Providing good Christian education at Further and Higher(Degree) levels, especially to young people from deprived backgrounds
- Providing free medical check-ups and medication for those in its care
- Establishing Income Generation Projects to enable the poorest Christians to provide for their families
- Providing emergency relief to cyclone, flood, and disaster victims
Please pray for our members (Jim, Jason and Liz), the rest of the team, the Indians they are working with and serving. If you’d like a prayer newsletter please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like to sponsor a child you can find out about that here (UK)
Or make a one off donation by texting: IREF12 £2 / £5 / £10 to 70070 eg IREF12 £5
If you’re in the USA you can find out more details here